Universität Hamburg is awarding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels the opportunity to apply for a degree program at the Institution. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Germany
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Number of scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The maximum monthly funding sum is €850. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totalling €1,000 per month (about 3-4 scholarships in each application round).
Duration of Scholarship: Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded. The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must;
- be pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s students can apply after 1 semester);
- not hold German citizenship;
- demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period;
- have financial need.
Application Process: Application form (deadline: 15 October)
You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- letter of motivation: please use this form (PDF)
- proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if aplicable)
- record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates. Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate.
- evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
Template: evaluation form (PDF)
Visit The Official Website For More Information